We are recruiting students for our band program!
Friday, February 2, 2018 by Dan Drysdale | Uncategorized
The JamSchool Band Program is busier than ever with shows every month including a showcase at Hillside Inside on February 10 at Planet Bean downtown. We would like to get even more musicians involved in this program!
We have openings for guitar, bass, drums, vocals and keyboard in a few of our bands and we are building new bands that we would like to start in February.
If you are ready for the next step in your development, please let us try to find a good band for you to join.
Call 519-763-8526 or email email@example.com
Here are some details that band attendees and parents will need to know:
- The JamSchool Band Program costs $100/month for a weekly hour long band session unless multi-lesson discounts apply
- After you have joined a band, please try to commit until at least the end of June (think of a hockey team losing their goalie before a big tournament)
Band Class Attendance
- Please do your best to attend every week, especially when preparing for a show
- You are able to cancel your attendance to a band class but no makeup credit will be issued unless the class is cancelled by the school (bad weather) or by the teacher
- The band members need to make themselves available for some performances throughout the year, typically Saturdays
- It is expected that every player in the band learn their parts independently
- The band leader is there to teach the group as a whole, so there will be less one on one attention than you would receive in a private class
- After the parts have been assigned, it is expected that each player work on their part at home
- Don’t let your team down, practice your parts!
- It is recommended that the student continue with private lessons when joining a band class. Group experience and live performance is supplemental to individual skills acquired through private lessons and will reinforce lessons learned.
- JamSchool runs shows every month
- All JamSchool shows are free to attend with two exceptions:
- JamSchool Holiday JamBoree (December): Please bring a donation for the Guelph Food bank
- JamSchool JamBoree (June) - this is a ticketed event held at the Guelph Little Theatre and Hanlon Creek Cafe
- Band classes tend to play at 3 or more shows in a school year
- Venues include: Van Gogh’s Ear, Guelph Little Theatre, Hanlon Creek Cafe, Gainfest, Guelph Multicultural Festival, Hillside Festival and some others
- Please make yourself available for the shows that the band commits to
- Please make sure to show up at the correct call time
- Keep up to date with performance opportunities and other events by accessing your online portal
- Talk to your band leader once a month
- Call the desk with any questions 519-763-8526
JamSchool Bands and teachers backstage at the Hillside Festival