How to cancel a private class:
To receive a make-up lesson for a private class, the lesson must be cancelled with sufficient notice using one of the following methods:
Before June 30th, any summer (July/August) lessons cancelled will not be charged to your account. After July 1st, regular cancellation policy applies.
- there is no maximum to make up credits in July and August however any make up credits issued for summer lessons must be used before August 31st.
- Using our Online Student Portal with 24 hours notice: https://jamschool.mymusicstaff.com/STUDENT---LOG-IN-PAGE
- A make-up credit will be added to your account
- Book your make-up class online or by phone
- Please note that the make-up credit expires after 30 days
- This method is the most convenient for students
- By phone 519-836-8526
- Before noon on the day of the class for weekday classes
- Before 8 pm on Friday for Saturday classes
- Before 2 pm on Saturday for Sunday classes
- Private lessons can receive a maximum of 3 make-up lessons within the school year - September through June
- There is no maximum to make up credits in July and August however any make up credits issued for summer lessons must be used before August 31st
- Make-up credits cannot be issued for missed band or group classes. Any band or group class cancelled by the school or the teacher will be rescheduled.
- Please do not email or contact teachers directly.
- No refunds will be issued for missed or cancelled lessons at any time.
- Make-up credits can only be used towards the original private lesson that was cancelled.
Here is a list of statutory holidays that we will book a make-up for:
- Thanksgiving Sunday and Monday
- Family Day Monday
- Good Friday and Easter Sunday
- Victoria Day Monday
**Please note that Christmas and New Years’s break are factored into the monthly lesson fees, and no make-up lessons are issued for this time off.
Inclement weather days:
- JamSchool does not follow the Guelph School boards’ closure decisions, and will only close under extreme weather conditions.
- We will contact all students by email if we decide to close.
- Please call 519-836-8526 if you are unable to attend due to inclement weather.
- Classes cancelled due to weather will appear as “cancel-no makeup” on your calendar.
- A make-up credit will be issued manually by admin staff.
- Bad weather cancellations will not affect your 3 make-up limit.